VISUALIZING POVERTY IN AMERICA VIA DATA AND REPORTING
A program of the Center for American Progress, TalkPoverty is aimed at dramatically reducing poverty by using the stories they tell, data they collect, and reporting they do to engage users to take action.
Redesigned, redeveloped, and revitalized TalkPoverty, increasing traffic, conversions, and ease of use.
- Redesigned TalkPoverty.org, updating the look and feel to have a modern media website presence.
- Incorporated compelling imagery that helped tell Americans' personal stories about how poverty impacted their lives.
- Dramatically improved the nonprofit's ability to incorporate interactive features and multimedia in blog posts.
- Developed the blog to be highly shareable across social networks, and easily load related blogs as users scroll to the end of a post.
- Re-tooled their poverty data section to improve usability and navigability, in order to make their state and congressional district data easier to understand.