Redesigned and redeveloped flagship website of the largest environmental nonprofits.
Clean Water Action is the nation’s largest grassroots group active on water, energy, and environmental health issues. With 14 regional offices and 1 million members, Clean Water Action works for clean, safe, and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, and creation of environmentally-safe jobs and businesses.
Fighting for Clean Water Across America
- Implemented new architecture for building strong grassroots groups, coalitions, and campaigns to elect environmental candidates and to solve environmental and community problems.
- Built a fully responsive design.
- Developed functionality for staff to easily add additional "sites" for states and offices.
- Improved navigation throughout the site, especially for state pages.
- Implemented new architecture for national issues or campaigns sections with improved ladders of engagement.
- Improved site search.
- Improved calendar and events module - events searchable by state, date, issue, etc.
- Incorporated hidden login/workflow for admins and content creators with the ability to assign access levels.
Since launching the website, Clean Water Action has experienced an increase in website traffic and time spent on site. The website has also spurred an increase in conversions for advocacy and fundraising. They have had 500,000 doors knocked on for 2018 GOTV.